"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> hole in the wall
Tuesday, August 23, 2005
I finished 11th last Sunday's Nationals and I couldn't be more pissed at myself. I missed the Top 8 in the worst possible way, with an awful stupid moronic mistake.

For those who don't know tournament Magic, a description. The tournament has twelve rounds, with you facing a different opponent for every round. Each round is best of three. You either win or lose or draw. Then after the last round the top eight competitors duel in single elimination until a champion is crowned. With about a 100 or so players, you'd need a record of 9 wins 3 losses, or better, to reach top 8.

I ended Day 1 with a bad 4-3 record. I had to win 5 straight the next day. And I felt it. The zone, or whatever it's called. I couldn't be beat. It's the last round, I'm 8-3, needing just one more win for Top 8 contention. I won the first game, and was about to seal the victory, I could smell it, Japan, Worlds competitor, a thousand dollars. I'd be idolized among my peers, revered even, and feared!, and respected, with just this one more win.

But I slipped. More like tumbled headlong into a yawning cliff. I made a mistake, he won the game, and with about five minutes left in that round, the match was a draw.

It's the cruelest mistake. I don't know if I got too excited or nervous, but it was just me who defeated me. I wanted to smash chairs and tables right after that match.

Now a vow of vengeance.

Labels:

 
pinned at 17:48 |


2 Comments:


At 9:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

mistakes happen deying..maybe there'll be a next time

 

At 11:17 PM, Blogger Andalusia

pucha basta another break will come your way! :)