"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> hole in the wall
Wednesday, December 22, 2004
What fortune awaits after life's last breath?
Is it journey's end, or a new path set?


I did not know her. I regarded her as a friend, and now, knowing her is something I wish I could've done, yet at the same time relieved not to have. Wish, because then I might've found something, jogged something, to prevent what happened. Relief, for I am spared the terrible agony of losing her.

I am forced to consider, and treasure, my own mortality. To be free to enjoy the good and endure the bad. The Olympian gods envy our constant struggle against fate and chance, our tremendous passion and will to live born from the tug-of-war with Death. It is too hard for me to comprehend what the mind and heart has become when the choice to take your own life is decided.

No one can truly imagine what happens next. Are our souls, if they even exist, judged then rewarded or punished for our merits and crimes? Was Dante describing the truth of it? Eternity in Paradiso or Inferno. And then there are the Elysian Fields, the Halls of Valhalla, Hades' underworld domain, among others. Will our spirits be roaming this world, fettered to those we care for? Will we tread the earth again, reincarnated? Or will we simply be.. gone?

I say, reality is upon you. When you die, that reality will be gone. Who knows what's next. Today, and in all the days you are alive, you are here. Live life to the utmost.

People regard ending your life as cowardice, refusing to meet and solve your troubles. Escape. But survival is inherent in the core of all living things, and it takes courage and resolve to fight this basic instinct. We are unworthy to judge anyone's life, or death. I did not know her, yet I will remember her. And it will not be her end that would come to my mind, but the person she was when her life briefly touched mine.
 
pinned at 18:36 |


1 Comments:


At 7:37 PM, Blogger Andalusia

& to think you even wanted her around on your birthday. she wanted to go, but she went to this Ongaku Festival instead. she was even excitedly telling me na she had fun kahit bitin yung moments.