"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> hole in the wall
Thursday, October 07, 2004
My PC is revolting. I have installed about a dozen games the past week, and all of them have crashed. I'd run them, begin excitedly, then minutes later: a flash of the monitor reverting to my desktop, a black screen of a reset machine, or the blue one of a serious system error. There are some which I've installed but the program won't even run. And some, I can't install at all.

I've searched through my whole pile of CD's and all of them provides me with one excuse or another for why I can't play them. It's frustrating. Games are my foremost source of fun, and now they're going Untouchables. It's like they're coercing me to give them up and do something else. Something productive and meaningful. Something that's serious, relevant, not a waste of time, and ultimately beneficial.

Something I've been putting off for the longest time.

I've been in college for some six plus years now, in a course meant to be finished in three and a half. My PC has been there from the start, happy to give me long hours of great gaming. I know sometimes, I mean, most of the time, er alright, a whole lot of the time I'd be playing rather than studying. I'd be staying up awake all night til morning immersed in whatever game caught my interest at the moment, rather than preparing for an exam or finishing a project. Now it seems my PC has had enough of my delinquency and will not let me use it anymore for gaming.

I am heavily persuaded, I admit, to shed the laziness and slack that has kept me from finishing in time. I am beginning to be motivated to finally step it up, get to work, spur my boots, face my fears, light the fire, steal the turtle, etc. Well, I know now what to do. I knew I had to do it eventually. Now's a good time as ever.

I'm gonna buy a new computer.

I will not tolerate insubordinance. Games are so fun.