"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> hole in the wall
Monday, December 01, 2003
2) Is your being editor-in-chief in any way therapeutic/cathartic so far?

I resigned my EIC-ship just a couple months ago, so I'll answer in the past tense. While it certainly hasn't had any cathartic effects, it definitely wasn't therapeutic either.

About the only good things I got from it was a semester's worth of tuition and the privelege to print what I want. I was supposed to get a year's scholarship (3 sems) but the administrative snail department of the school was just that, snaily. I admit that it was that bait that lured me to accept. Heh. Kikbak ako ng 20K+ (with 40+ more, when my latter renewals get approved). Beat that!

Making the paper was great, even with all the hassles, deadlines, documents, budgeting, etc. Though its impact on the school was um, minimal, to say the least, it actually made me proud of myself for once. Plus, it made me popular. At least my name. Somewhat.

Making the paper was such an ass, with all the hassles, deadlines, documents, budgeting and shit. We were all new to campus journalism and it was such a mess. I know I have a lot of failings with the staff, because I didn't train them well enough. Because I had none.

I grew tired of everything, as usual for me, after a year. Pressure from my superiors, uncooperative members, and budget waiting combined with my natural tendency to slack and relax equalled signing off. Time for somebody else to take my place.

Maybe in a year or so, I'll take it up again. If it's up for grabs.

3) What do you think is your fondest memory (hehe) of Alan? ^_^

That time when he was seeing this girl. I think her name was Abbey, Hobbey, er.. Avie? Or some such. peace!

Alan is usually this carefree, unattached, girl-apathetic kind of guy. He always makes fun of things and plays otherwise infuriating pranks on us.

So it was weird to see him serious. He talked to me about the girl, asking me advice and other relationship-related stuff. He was dead serious, telling me about his indescribable feelings for her, his aspirations for the two of them, his worries for her well-being. I was glad I was able to see that side of him, and find a well meaning person beneath.

So you girl you, take care of him. You've got his heart in your hands.